Whether your babes like creating, learning or a bit of both, there are some rad activities happening in the month of March that they will love. Many of these are still indoor activities, as I’m sure you know we’re in that odd part of the season where we can have beautiful weather one day and a snowstorm the next. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen and keep counting down the days until spring officially hits!
1. Foodie Adventure Series at The Kids Table: Each month The Kids’ Table features a different local celebrity chef in their Foodie Adventure Series, and this month’s is Anupy Singla! Get your babe in the kitchen and expand their palate with some delicious Indian dishes! You can drop in for a single class or participate in the whole series!
Classes offered weekly through March 26th at both Lakeview and Wicker Park locations. The weekly series is $81 for members and $90 for non-members. Single classes are offered for $22.50 for members and $25 for non-members.
Photo Credit: Chicago Mag
2. Open House at Duet Dance Studio: Does your little always beg for dance classes, but you want to make sure they actually like it before you commit? This FREE open house at Duet Dance Studio on March 13th is the answer! There’s Intro to Ballroom for the five and six year old crowd, and if your kiddo is a little older, they can try Waltzing or the Merengue. Be sure to RSVP!
Photo Credit: Duet Dance Studio
3. Easter Egg-Stravaganza at Lincoln Park Zoo: If you want to partake in Easter activities, this one on March 26th at the Lincoln Park Zoo has something for everyone! Crafts, food, and of course, an Easter egg hunt and a visit from the Easter Bunny himself!
Photo Credit: The Lincoln Park Zoo
4. Mathemania at the Children’s Museum: Occurring daily in March and April and offered with the price of admission, you can get your littles started on those math concepts early with a variety of different activities and materials. It’s a great way to show them how math works in everyday life!
Photo Credit: Tense Present Blogspot
5. Alien Mask + Movie Magic Workshop: This is the perfect fusion of creativity and learning. On March 12th, kids will learn what it would be like living on other planets, and they also get to make an alien inspired mask! Oh, and thanks to technology, they can get a little peek at how we get transported to different planets in the movies! This event is free with the purchase of a Museum Day Live ticket.
Photo Credit: Adler Planetarium
6. Sketches to Sculptures: This is great tie-in event on March 26th works with a current exhibition at The Art Institute. From 11am – 12:30pm your babe will learn what it takes to turn their drawings into objects, a great exercise in understanding a process. They’ll actually get to try their hand at it too, making it all the more fun! This is event is geared towards children ages six to twelve and costs $5 per member and $8 per non-member.
Photo Credit: DMA Family Blog