Before interviewing Tiffany Dessa, I had never heard of a ketogenic diet. This busy mama is an entrepreneur, single mama of four and a keto enthusiast. For those of you in the same boat as I was, a ketogenic diet is low carb and high fat diet. It forces your body into burning fat instead of carbs and most importantly, helps reduce the risk factors for diabetes, heart disease and epilepsy. The keto diet focuses on “healthy” fats such as fatty acids and proteins, and shies away from carbs, sugar and processed foods. Don’t worry! It encourages eating fruits and veggies too! Would you ever try eating keto?
- Prep time: 10min
- Cook time: 20min
- Total time: 30min
- Yield: 1
- Serves: 4
The keto diet focuses on “healthy” fats such as fatty acids and proteins, and shies away from carbs, sugar and processed foods. Don’t worry! It encourages eating fruits and veggies too!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Put 1 ½ cups mozzarella and cream cheese in a large bowl and microwave on high for one minute and then stir. Microwave for thirty more seconds and stir.
- Add the egg and almond flour, mix until combined.
- Wet your hands and spread the dough out into an oval or circle onto a piece of parchment paper. The thickness depends upon how you like your pizza. Poke a few holes in the dough with a fork.
- Slide the parchment paper with the dough onto a baking sheet and bake for 6-7 minutes. Watch it closely as it may puff up and need to be poked with a fork again.
- Remove the dough from the oven, spread the pizza sauce on top, followed by the remaining mozzarella, black olives, pepperonis and jalapenos.
- Bake for another 8-10 minutes or until the crust is crispy and the cheese is melted.
- Cut into slices and serve to your family!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles
Adapted: Tiffany Dessa & Recipe Diaries
Adapt Link: http://www.recipe-diaries.com/2017/02/19/fat-head-pizza-crust/