I’m not going to mince words – these Jalapeño Poppers are effing hot. For unknown reasons I completely ignored everything I know about chili peppers and deseeded them with bare hands. I seriously came to regret this as the tips of my fingers were still on fire hours later. FYI — I discovered the remedy to this sensation is applying ice cold milk directly to the affected area, which thankfully gave me almost instant relief. Moral of the story? Wear gloves when working with jalapeños.
I received this recipe from G&B’s newest Rad Mom, Sarah Teresinski, who is the bad ass babe behind Redeux Kidz. Her littles (and not so little littles) love the heat in this easy recipe! Be sure to remove ALL of the seeds. While this will seriously cut down on the spice, it won’t take it all away so we recommend this for slightly older babes. And always remember, the only safe way to determine the heat level of a pepper is to taste it!
WHAT WE USED
- Prep time: 1h 30min
- Yield: 30-40 poppers
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut the jalapeños in half (lengthwise) and completely remove all of the seeds (we highly recommend wearing gloves!).
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese and shredded cheddar, season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture generously inside each jalapeño half and sprinkle with crushed Special K Cereal.
- Place on two baking sheets and bake for 55-60 minutes -- they should cut easily with a fork.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then eat!
RECIPE BROUGHT TO YOU BY GLITTER AND BUBBLES