The weather is warming up (eventually) and that means it’s time to shed a few layers. No one should feel self-conscious about baring their legs this spring so I’m here to help. The key to finding the perfect short is knowing your body type and knowing what you feel comfortable in. However, there are a few things everyone should know when it comes to shorts:
- Loose shorts are universally flattering and have a whimsical romantic feel.
- In most cases, a short that hits mid-thigh will be the most flattering.
- If you want to make your legs look longer in shorts you should pair them with a heel.
- Everyone needs a walking short, this ends a few inches above the knee and has a looser fit.
- When it comes to the size of your shorts buy up not down. You should be able to comfortably sit down and bend over without baring areas you might not want others to see.
- Shorts ALWAYS look better when your legs are exfoliated and moisturized, treat your legs like you treat your face.
Lily Short – Leather Short – Sailor Short
If you have a short stature, look for a 5 inch or so inseam to play up your legs. Pairing your shorts with a heel will work wonders! If a heel feels like too much during the day wear a wedge. This gives you the height but is still comfortable enough to walk in. Your go to short is high waisted.
Stretch Short – Slim Short – Buckle Short
When dressing a pear shaped body the cut of the short is crucial! You want to look for shorts that have a long inseam and a higher rise in the back. Be sure to choose something that has a flat front and try to avoid shorts that roll up. Your go to short is a Bermuda.
Belted Short – Bliss Short – Silk Short
An hourglass figure will look amazing in a curve grazing belted short. The attention will be at your waist and not on your thighs. You too should also avoid shorts that roll up. Your go to short is a paper bag short.
Embellished Short – Samantha Short – New Bloom Short
A print and a scalloped edge will help add definition to your long body! Short shorts are a great way to show off your legs and you can definitely get away with rolled up shorts. Your go to short is shorter with a print.