I wish I could take credit for this fabulous concoction but this one goes to my fiancé Spiro, who truly is a genius in the kitchen! We highly recommend using lobster tails over lobster. They are much easier to cook and you’ll have just the right amount of meat!
- Prep time:30min
- Serves: 4
- Once you have your ingredients together, pan sear the lobster tails in light oil on medium heat. Cook one side for approximately 7 minutes and then flip. Cook the other side for approximately 3 minutes. Remember, you DO NOT want to overcook your lobster, it will get extremely chewy. You can tell the lobster is done when it turns white and looses its translucency.
- While the lobster is cooking, chop up the heirloom tomatoes and season with kosher salt to taste.
- Next, chop up the peaches. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, peaches, a pinch of ground pepper and crushed red pepper, 2 tsp. red wine vinegar, 2 tbsp. fresh basil, and extra virgin olive oil to taste. Let this marinate for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once the lobster is finished, let it cool (approximately 3 to 4 minutes).
- Next, chop it into bite sized pieces and mix in with the tomato, peach, basil mixture.
- Complete the salad by adding in a handful of arugula and shallots to taste. Not a huge fan of lobster? Just take it out of the recipe and enjoy a simple summer salad. You can also add burrata or mozzarella cheese. Enjoy!