Making Homemade Fruit Roll Ups only takes a handful of ingredients! Don’t make these if you have to leave the house because they do sit in the oven for 4-6 hours. We made two different flavors, strawberry raspberry fruit roll ups and raspberry mango. The raspberry mango were a smoother consistency than the strawberry but both were absolutely delicious. Full disclosure, it did take us two batches to get this right. You have to keep an eye on the mix in the oven because once it starts to burn there is no coming back. You don’t want the middle to be sticky, but you don’t want the mix to harden either. If it gets too hard you won’t be able to roll it. Once we got our technique down and figured out exactly what our oven was doing, it was well worth the wait. What’s your favorite at-home snack hack? Tell us in the comments below.
- Prep time: 10min
- Cook time: 4h
- Total time: 4h 10min
Making Homemade Fruit Roll Ups only takes a handful of ingredients!
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees. Place 2 cups raspberries, 1 cup strawberries, 2 tablespoons honey, and one tablespoon lemon juice into a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Smooth with an offset spatula so that the mix is in a thin, even layer.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and allow to bake for 4-6 hours or until the center is no longer sticky. Do not overbake.
- Repeat this process with 1 cup raspberries, 2 cups mini mangos, 2 tablespoons honey and 1 tablespoon lemon.
- While baking, use an Exacto knife to cut the parchment paper into half inch-thick strips and place your favorite Washi tape on top.
- Once done baking, allow to cool. Remove the dried fruit from the oven and measure 1 inch thick sections. Trim the ends and cut with a pizza cutter.
- Roll the fruit strips up with the parchment paper/Washi tape.
- Place in your little one’s next lunch!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles