What’s better than a perfectly crafted grilled cheese? A perfectly crafted grilled cheese with tomato soup! Magnificent for the cold weather, this delectable dish will warm up your little one (and you!) in no time.
- We HIGHLY recommend using a grill pan (it just tastes so much better!) but a regular pan works too.
- In a sauce pan on medium high heat combine 1 can crushed tomatoes and 15 oz. chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper to taste, stirring occasionally. Once the soup begins to bubble add in ½ cup heavy cream and turn the heat to medium low. Allow the soup to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, butter one side of two slices to bread. Place the grill pan on the stove at medium heat. Place one slice of bread, butter side down, on the grill pan. Top with 2 slices of American cheese and avocado slices.
- Top with the other slice of bread (butter side up). Allow the sandwich to sit on the grill pan for 3-4 minutes and then flip. Repeat this process until the cheese has melted and the bread is golden brown.
- Remove the sandwich from the heat and cut into 4 strips. Cut the strips into small squares. Serve with warm tomato soup!