When I have time to cook with Zelda I always make sure to involve her in every part of the process that I can. She has really started to take an interest in cooking and always tells me, “I want to help!”, which is pretty much the cutest thing ever. With these Grilled ABC Sandwiches, I allowed her to use the cookie cutter to cut the circles. I only used circle sandwiches for her and kept the crusts on mine, either way they taste delicious.
I handled all the stove top portions of this recipe but allowed her to be the official taste tester as I was doing things she couldn’t participate in. Once the bacon was cooked, she gave it her approval and once the cheese was sliced, it went straight to Zelda for inspection. As I grilled the sandwiches she made sure to let me know, “It’s too hot”.
If you haven’t tried Trader Joe’s pesto gouda cheese, you are in for a treat. Made from cow’s milk all the way from South Holland, this cheese is equivalent to a rare unicorn sighting. It’s not always available but when it is, it’s a magical thing. If you see this the next time you’re shopping just buy it. You’ll thank me later. I’d love to hear about how you spend time with your babes in the kitchen. Tell me in the comments below!
- Prep time:15min
- Cook time:15min
- Total time:30min
Grilled ABC Sandwiches are bound to be your new favorite!
- Use a small cookie cutter to cut the bread into circles for the kids’ sandwiches. For the adults, you can keep the bread slices intact.
- Cube the avocado and use a mortar and pestle to work it into a paste. Spread the avocado onto the bread and top with cooked bacon and a few slices of the pesto cheese. Top with another slice of bread.
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat to melt; distribute evenly throughout the pan.
- Turn the heat to low and add the sandwich. Cook each side until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown. Add more butter as needed for additional sandwiches.
- Serve with veggie sticks and eat!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles