We are officially at Lake of the Ozarks for our annual family vacation and are fully immersing ourselves in lake life and all that comes with it. The 4th of July is the perfect time to kick back, relax and enjoy the company of those around you, and nothing brings people together like delicious food. I love this recipe for Greek Turkey Burgers for several reasons. Firstly, Greek Turkey Burgers are something we can all make together. With mixing, chopping, molding, grilling and setting the table, it gives everyone in the family a job to do.
I love seeing Zelda’s little face light up when she realizes she helped work towards putting the meal together. Secondly, Greek Turkey Burgers include Spiro’s famous tzatziki recipe. (Seriously, it’s the best tzatziki in the world — you can get it right here.) And lastly, Greek Turkey Burgers are super simple to assemble and you can always premake them and stick them in the freezer to save for later. What is your family doing to celebrate the 4th of July?
- Prep time:15min
- Cook time:15min
- Total time:30min
This family meal is perfect for the 4th of July!
- Cut the red onion in half. Slice one half and chop the other. Chop 1 cup spinach (we recommend using scissors) and add to a bowl along with the chopped half onion, feta cheese, garlic, dill, and salt and pepper.
- Add the ground turkey and mix together using your hands. Add the juice from the lemon.
- Form the meat into patties and place on an oiled grill. (We used olive oil.)
- Grill the burgers for 5-7 minutes on each side. Cook time will depend upon grill temperature.
- Place the remaining spinach onto the bottom halves of the burger buns. Place the burger patties on top, followed by the sliced onion and a generous amount of tzatziki. Sandwich with the top bun.
- Serve with chips on the 4th of July!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles