The rainy weather makes everything more difficult. Each morning I fight the urge to pull myself deeper under the covers. Once I finally extract myself from the bed, I try to give myself things to look forward to throughout the day, even if it’s something as little as a grabbing a little cuddle from Zelda before I head out the door, or a delicious lunch later in the day. This is my full proof tactic for fighting off the seasonal blues. On the days that I work from home, one of my favorite things to do is make Gluten-Free Chicken Noodle Soup. The gluten-free shells don’t expand like regular shells, so it’s just the right size for Z.
My look-forward-to-moment is when we take a treasured lunch break at her tiny white table. It’s all about the little moments! What do you look forward to during the week? Tell me in the comments below.
MAKE IT LOOK LIKE OURS
- Prep time:15min
- Cook time:45min
- Total time:1h
- Serves: 6
On the days that I work from home, one of my favorite things to do is make Gluten-Free Chicken Noodle Soup. The gluten-free shells don’t expand like regular shells, so it’s just the right size!
- Pour 6-8 cups of water into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Combine the celery, carrots, onion and minced garlic into a large bowl.
- Pour the vegetables into the pot of water with the chicken thighs and boil for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the water and remove the meat from the bones.
- Place the meat back into the pot, add the gluten-free shells and allow to boil for 20 more minutes.
- Serve to little babes on a cold day!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles
Adapted: Roxy’s Kitchen
Adapt Link: http://www.roxyskitchen.com/chicken-noodle-shells-soup.html