Calling all of my food allergy conscious mamas! I was looking for an at-home bagels recipe and stumbled upon an awesome site: Only Gluten Free Recipes. Not only did the site have a Gluten-Free Cheese & Jalapeño Bagel recipe (even better than what I was looking for), it also had a ton of other recipes for kids, gluten-free eaters, dairy and egg free eaters, and paleo diet followers, as well as a ton of vegetarian options. The site contains recipes that originate from across the globe, so whether you’re craving Greek or Thai, or anything between, you can find the right recipe.
Regular bagels involve resting, followed by baking and then boiling. These bagels are so much faster! All you have to do is mix, form, and pop them in the oven. If jalapeños are too much for you or your babes to handle, just skip adding them. They are still super delicious! I went ahead and made a batch with and a batch without and enjoyed them both ways. You can always freeze the bagels and save them for later too! We found an awesome everything bagel seasoning mix at Trader Joe’s, so we used that instead of seperate salt and sesame seeds. We are officially obsessed with making bagels at home!
- Prep time: 10min
- Cook time: 35min
- Total time: 45min
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, jalapeños, mozzarella and Trader Joe's Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend. Add the yogurt and sour cream.
- Wet your hands and the roll the dough into 1/2 inch thick balls. Set on the parchment paper and use your finger to poke a one inch hole in the center of each ball. Smooth the bagels with warm water.
- Sprinkle with more of the Trader Joe's Everything but Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool and top with your favorite cream cheese!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles
Adapted: Only Gluten-Free Recipes
Adapt Link: https://onlyglutenfreerecipes.com/recipe-items/gluten-free-cheese-jalapeno-bagel/