Can you believe Christmas Eve is exactly one week from today?! We have been having so much fun this holiday season and are looking forward to spending Christmas in our new Colorado home. Zelda couldn’t be more excited for Christmas, and we surprised her with a few early Christmas presents when we took her to the Swissotel Santa Suite.
Family and the excitement over Santa and pancakes are my favorite things about Christmas morning. This year, I decided to give our traditional pancakes a fun twist and infuse them with Gingerbread flavors. Who can say no to Gingerbread Pancakes? Not me!
Be sure to check out some of my other favorite holiday recipes:
This is the perfect Christmas morning breakfast recipe!
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, gingerbread spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the buttermilk, egg, and dark molasses.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Add olive oil or butter to a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the pancake batter to the skillet, a 1/4 cup at a time.
- Allow the pancake to sit in the pan (approximately 2 minutes) until it starts to bubble and then flip. Allow to cook for an additional two minutes; set aside.
- Repeat the previous step until all the pancake batter has been used.
- Use your favorite cookie cutters to cut shapes into the top of 4-5 pancakes.
- Make a stack of pancakes and place the pancakes with the shapes cut out on the top; fill with sprinkles or powdered sugar.
- Serve to your favorite little babes!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles