It’s officially hot out and no one knows that better than Rad Mom and Arizona resident, Lexy Ward. This mama is the founder of Proper, a DIY and lifestyle blog that is all about living life in a properly improper fashion. She has so many creative and out of the box ideas — these Fruity Colorblock Popsicles included. This bright and tasty little treat is a fantastic way to cool down. We’ve also been jumping for joy when we have the chance to use our new KitchenAid Blender (we’re super obsessed) and knew these popsicles would be a breeze to make with this handy appliance. We don’t even remember the last time we ate dragon fruit, so using this ingredient was a total added bonus. What’s your favorite summer recipe?
- Prep time:5h
- Yield: 8-10 Popsicles
- Bring water and sugar to a boil over medium heat and then allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once the water has cooled, combine 2 tablespoons of the sugar water with 1 red dragon fruit, 2 tablespoons coconut milk and pulse in the blender. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Repeat this process with the mango sorbet, acai smoothie packs and the remaining coconut milk.
- Pour in the red dragon fruit mixture into the popsicle pouches so it fills the bottom. Place the popsicle pouches into the freezer for 20 minutes in a glass so they stand upright.
- Pour the coconut milk layer in next and then freeze for another 20 minutes.
- Pour in the mango sorbet layer and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Lastly, pour in the acai mixture and place in the freezer for 2-3 hours or until completely frozen.
- Enjoy on a hot summer day!
RECIPE BROUGHT TO YOU BY LEXY WARD FOR GLITTER AND BUBBLES