Zelda is officially an active participant in the kitchen! Every Sunday morning, we wake up and make breakfast (Zelda sits right on top of the counter). Last week we made French Toast Sticks with Mascarpone and Strawberries. We took a chance and used sprouted grain bread (I hear it’s healthier) and with eggs, a little sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon, transformed it into a yummy tower of French toast sticks.
I liked using this bread because it didn’t soak up as much of the egg mixture and was easier to cook with. The mascarpone added a creamy element that was delicious with the maple syrup and strawberries. What’s your weekend breakfast go-to? Tell me in the comments below!
MAKE IT LOOK LIKE OURS
- Prep time:20min
- Cook time:10min
- Total time:30min
- Serves: 3
We took a chance and used sprouted grain bread (I hear it’s healthier) and with eggs, a little sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon, transformed it into a yummy tower of French toast sticks.
- Cut the crusts off the sprouted whole wheat bread and then slice into rectangles; set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon.
- Melt butter in a frying pan and brush to coat.
- Dip the rectangular bread slices into the egg and milk mixture, covering completely. Place on the frying pan over low heat, flipping after 2-3 minutes. Repeat this process until you have your desired number of French toast sticks.
- Spread mascarpone over each French Toast stick, top with sliced strawberries and drizzle with maple syrup.
Author: Glitter and Bubbles