If you follow me on Instagram, you know how much I love my air fryer. We can make all our favorite restaurant snacks at home, including French fries! For those of your not familiar with the air fryer, it works as a fryer (but with way less oil than a deep fryer), a dehydrator, and it reheats food. We don’t know how we lived without it for so long! What better way to celebrate our favorite kitchen tool than to create a French Fry Platter. We included all our favorite dipping sauces—major kudos to Delish for the inspiration on this one. We can’t wait to try the other dipping sauce combos! We paired our favorite dips with sweet potato, russet potato, and red baby potato fries (the red baby potatoes are really more like chips than fries, but taste pretty fry-like). What’s your go-to French fry and dip combo? Tell us in the comments below!
- Prep time:30min
- Cook time:1h
- Total time:1h 30min
- Yield: 1 Platter
- Serves: 6
The perfect way to weekend!
- Use a knife or fry cutter to cut the russet potatoes and sweet potato into fries. Use a knife or mandolin to cut the baby potatoes into thin slices.
- Place the cut potatoes into a bowl filled with water and allow to soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the water and pat dry with a towel.
- Place the potatoes back in the bowl and drizzle with 3 tablespoons olive oil and season with celery salt and pepper to taste. (You can also add whatever spices you like!)
- Toss to combine.
- Place the seasoned potatoes in the air fryer to 390 degrees and set the timer for 20 minutes.
- At the 10 minute mark, pause the air fryer and toss the fries.
- Allow to cook for the remaining 10 minutes. (You may want to check more frequently than this depending on your air fryer.)
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may have to work in batches. (We did three batches.) Repeat the air frying process until all the potatoes are done.
- Once finished, arrange on a platter with your favorite dipping sauces. On our platter we used honey and hot sauce, cheesy Alfredo sauce, guacamole, and sriracha mayo.
- Serve to your crew!
Zelda’s Task: Mixing and pouring the sauces.
- 1-2 Russet Potatoes
- 1-2 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Cup Baby Red Potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Celery Salt & Pepper to Taste
- ½ Cup Sriracha Mayo
- ½ Cup Honey
- Hot Sauce to Taste
- ½ Cup Alfredo Cheese Sauce
- ½ Cup Guacamole