For whatever reason, everything seems harder in the winter. After a long day of work it can be challenging to find the motivation to put dinner together for my family. There is nothing better than coming home to a delicious, home cooked meal and that is why my Crock Pot is my bestie during the colder months. A few weeks ago, I featured a few freezer Crock Pot meals on my Instastories and received an amazing response.
Since everyone seemed eager to know more, I put together my four favorite soup recipes that you can prep, freeze and then save to cook in the Crock Pot. Walking in the door and smelling a warm meal is about as good as it gets. See how to make Black Bean Chili, Chicken Noodle Soup, Lasagna Soup and Chicken Quinoa Enchilada Soup below! What is your go-to winter Crock pot recipe?
- Prep time: 1h
- Cook time: 8h
Walking in the door and smelling a warm meal is about as good as it gets!
- 1 LB. Ground Turkey
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 5 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Diced Carrots
- 3 Cups Baby Spinach
- 2 Cans Tomato Sauce
- 3 Cans Black Beans
- 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cans Corn
- 2 32oz. Cartons Chicken Broth
- 1 Bag Egg Noodles
- 1 Box Quinoa
- 1 Bag 5 Cheese Blend
- For the black bean chili, place 1lb. ground turkey, 1 can tomato sauce, 1 can black beans, 1 3/4 cup canned corn, 2 cloves minced garlic, 1 tablespoon paprika, 1 tablespoon chili powder, 2 teaspoons ground cumin, 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes into a freezer bag and place in the freezer. When ready to eat, cook on low for 6-8 hours; break apart the turkey and serve!
- For the chicken noodle, place 2 cups chicken broth, 1/2 cup diced carrots, 2 large chicken breasts, 1/2 chopped white onion, 2 cloves minced garlic and 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning into a freezer bag and place in the freezer. When ready to eat, cook on low for 6 hours. After 6 hours, remove the chicken and shred. Place the chicken back in the Crock Pot with 3-4 cups hot water and three cups egg noodles. Cook for another 30 minutes and serve!
- For the lasagna soup, place 1 jar pasta sauce, 2 cups chicken broth, 1 can black beans and 3 cups baby spinach in a freezer bag and freeze.When ready to eat, cook on low for 6-8 hours. Add 3 cups egg noodles with 3-4 cups hot water and cook for 30 more minutes. Garnish with shredded cheese and serve!
- For the chicken quinoa enchilada soup, place 2 chicken breasts, 1 cup quinoa, 1 can black beans, 2 cups corn, 1 can diced tomatoes, 2 cups chicken broth, 2 cups water, 2 tablespoons enchilada sauce, 2 tablespoons chili powder, 2 cloves garlic minced and salt in a freezer bag and place in the freezer. When ready to eat, cook on high for three hours. After three hours, shred the chicken breasts and place back in the Crock Pot. Cook for one more hour and serve. Optional: Top with avocado, shredded cheese and tortilla chips.
Author: Glitter and Bubbles
Adapted: New Leaf Wellness, Sidetracked Sarah, Thirty Handmade Days & Fit Foodie Finds