These cookies are just for Santa and sleepy parents! (Seriously, they have coffee in them.) Made to help him travel around the world in one night, these delicious chocolate cookies are a fun adult only dessert. Our friends at Chef’d gave us this recipe but we put our own twist on the baked goods with crushed candy canes and mini marshmallow bites. We also assembled this little to-go box from Paper Mart so Santa can eat the cookies in his sleigh!
Zelda was excited to bake cookies for Santa, especially since she had spent the most magical evening with him at the Swissotel Santa Suite a few days prior. Once we told her they contained coffee, she knew these weren’t for her. If you follow along on my Instastory you already saw some of our baking fun! What do you and your babes make for Santa every year? Tell me in the comments below.
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
Make Yours Look Like Ours
This review is based strictly on my opinion. I was provided the sample free of charge by the company to provide my honest review. No other type of compensation was received. All ideas and opinions are my own.
- 1 ½ Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Instant Coffee
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Cup Cocoa Powder
- ¼ Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 Eggs
- 3-4 Candy Canes
- ¼ Cup Mallow Bits
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and instant coffee.
- Melt half the chocolate chips and add them to the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat the sugar, eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Combine both mixtures and add the remaining chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place small dollops of the cookie dough on the sheet, approximately ½ inch apart.
- Baking for 12-15 minutes and immediately after taking the cookies from the oven, gently press in crushed bits of candy cane and mallow bits.
- Leave on a plate for Santa with milk!