Our house is decorated, we have Zelda’s costume and we are ready for some serious trick-or-treating this year. I might be more excited than Zelda! Trick-or-treating door to door in a condo building isn’t quite the same as running around in a neighborhood and I am so excited to give her the full experience. I’m going to have a ton of Halloween treats ready for Zelda when she gets home from school (I still can’t believe she is in school!) and these ghost meringues are super easy to prep. You just mix together eggs, sugar and a little cream of tartar and then pop the mix into a piping bag. Once your ghosts are pipped, just stick them in the oven and wait. It’s that easy! What are your babes being for Halloween this year?
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 Cups Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- Candy Eyeballs
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the egg whites together. Make sure the bowl is very clean before you crack the egg whites in.
- When soft peaks begin to form, add the cream of tartar and slowly add the sugar.
- Once stiff peaks form, pour the mix into a pipping bag with a round tip.
- Pipe small circles upward to make the ghost shape.
- Bake for 45 minutes.