When we read that eating was Samantha Broderick’s favorite thing to do with her little we knew she was going to give us an especially tasty recipe, and she did not disappoint! After her homemade granola came out of the oven we were eating it by the fistful. And when we finally pulled ourselves away from it for long enough to blend her favorite berry smoothie, we were beyond happy to have something just as a yummy to wash it down with. This recipe was doubly delicious!
Samantha Broderick's Berry Smoothie
prep time: 1.5 hoursyields 2-4 servings
1 Tablespoon Kefir
1 Cup Frozen Berries
2 Cups Almond Milk
2 Cups Gluten Free Oats
1 Cup of Sliced Almonds
1/3 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
2 Tablespoons Honey
1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
2. Mix the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, honey and vanilla extract together in a bowl.
3. Combine with the cinnamon, almonds and oats, making sure everything is evenly coated.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the mixture onto the sheet, flattening into a single layer.
5. Bake for 20 minutes and stir. Bake for another 20 minutes and stir.
6. Bake for a final 20 minutes, don't stir, and allow to cool so the granola hardens together.
7. Pour the kefir, berries, banana and almond milk into a blender and pulse to combine.
8. Pour into a glass and top with granola!
Recipe Brought to You By Samantha Broderick for Glitter and Bubbles.