How is it already March?! I feel like I’m still getting used to the idea of 2018, but here I am already making St. Patrick’s Day rainbow meringues. After what feels like a never-ending winter, we are so ready to slide into spring. Zelda and I won’t be in Chicago when the leprechauns come to town because we are heading out on a much-needed vacation to Mexico. Since we’ll be basking in the Mexican sun on St. Patrick’s Day, we got a jump start on making our favorite St. Patrick’s Day treats. (I don’t plan on stepping foot in the kitchen while we’re on vacay!) Rainbow meringues are one of my all-time favorite things to make – I find the entire process so relaxing. If you’ve never made them before, don’t be intimidated. They’re super easy but be patient when it comes to the baking time! What’s your go-to St. Patrick’s Day treat?
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- 3 Eggs (Whites Only)
- ¾ Cups Sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until soft peaks form. Add the cream of tartar and slowly begin to add the sugar.
- Continue to mix until stiff peaks form. Place the mix in a piping bag with an open star tip and squeeze in small dollops onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Shake the rainbow sprinkles on top of the meringue.
- Allow to bake for 2 hours.
- Remove from the oven and eat with your babes or use as cake or cupcake toppers!