When I saw this Pull-Apart Christmas Tree on Delish, I knew Zelda and I had to try it (we made a few small modifications). At first glance, it looks like it is really challenging to make. But the truth is, it’s super simple! This will definitely impress your guests. Serve it at your next holiday party and people will be talking about it for years to come. All you have to do is make little cheese filled dough balls (this part takes about 10 minutes), then you arrange the balls into the shape of a Christmas tree, brush them with an egg wash and pop them in the oven. When it comes out of the oven (15-20 minutes later), you brush it with an herb and melted butter mixture (SO GOOD!) and serve with marinara. What’s your go-to holiday appetizer? Tell us in the comments below.
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- 1 Pound Pizza Dough
- 1 Egg, Whisked
- 6 Mozzarella Sticks
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
- Grated Parmesan, To Taste
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Basil
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a baking mat on the counter, cut the pizza dough in half and each half into a rectangle.
- Cut the dough into 30 squares.
- Cut the mozzarella sticks into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Wrap the dough squares over the mozzarella and use both hands to form a ball. Repeat this process until you have 30 balls.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and arrange the balls into the shape of a Christmas tree.
- Brush the egg wash on the Christmas tree and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown.
- Whisk together melted butter, basil, parsley and Parmesan.
- When the tree comes out of the oven, brush it with the herb butter mixture.
- Sprinkle with extra Parmesan and parsley.
- Serve with marina at your next party!