Things are getting spooky around here because we are in full on Halloween mode! This super easy recipe for Poison Candy Apples was a fun project we did together and Zelda loved every minute of making these. It feels like as Zelda gets older, every holiday gets more fun! If you’re looking to entertain your babes for the afternoon, this is for you. All you have to do is slice a few apples, heat up some Candy Melts, and let the fun begin! How you are your babes getting ready for Halloween?
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- 6 Large Apples
- Black Candy Melts
- Orange Candy Melts
- White Candy Melts
- White Lollipop Sticks
- Sprinkles (Optional)
- Place the different colored Candy Melts in separate bowls.
- Slice the apples into wedges or thin slices and pat dry.
- Insert a lollipop stick into the bottom of each apple slice.
- Pick which color you want to use as your base and place it in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
- Don't melt too many colors at once because they will harden quickly.
- Coat the apples in the Candy Melts and set aside to harden.
- Repeat this with as many base colors as you want to use and allow to harden.
- Melt the Candy Melts that you want to decorate with and drizzle (or use a piping bag) over the candy apples.
- Top with sprinkles and eat with your babes!