Recipes don’t get much cuter than this! Mummy Jalapeño Poppers are the perfect Halloween appetizer. A word of caution, wear gloves when you are deseeding the jalapeños. I can’t even talk about how many times I’ve forgotten this rule, touched my eyes or nose, and then wanted to cry. It literally feels like your face is on fire. Trust me, this isn’t something you want to experience if you haven’t. I always have disposable gloves on hand if I know I’m going to be working with jalapeños. You can load these up with whatever type of cheese you like best (we like using cream cheese and white cheddar). What are you making this Halloween?
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- 8 Jalapeños
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, Softened
- 2 Cups White Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Green Onion, Chopped
- 1 Package Crescent Rolls
- Salt & Pepper
- Candy Eyeballs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Using gloves, cut the jalapeño peppers in half length-wise and remove the seeds. (If you don't use gloves be sure not to touch your face or you will feel like it's on fire.)
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, shredded cheese and green onions.
- Fill each jalapeño half with this mixture.
- Open the crescent rolls and pinch the perforation together.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the crescent rolls length-wise into thin strips.
- Wrap one strip around each jalapeño popper to create the mummy bandage wrap. Leave a space to place the eyes (but don't add them yet!).
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- Add two eyes onto the jalapeño poppers.
- Serve to your little babes for Halloween!