Not only was this Instant Pot Loaded Mac ‘n Cheese some of the best we’ve ever made at home, it also fed us for multiple meals AND it might have tasted even better the next day. You can add whatever ingredients you want to this, the sky is the limit! There are no wrong answers. We opted for green onion and bacon and it was absolutely delicious. Sometimes, less really is more. So what’s the secret ingredient to this mac ‘n cheese? Read the recipe below to find out! No one will be upset if Instant Pot Loaded Mac ‘n Cheese is on the Thanksgiving table. What are your favorite holiday food traditions? Tell us in the comments below!
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- 8 Pieces of Bacon, Cooked & Crumbled
- 1 Pound Elbow Macaroni
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Green Onion, Chopped
- 4 Cups Water
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 2 Eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- Place the macaroni and the water together in the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- While the macaroni is cooking, mix the eggs, milk, mustard powder and paprika together.
- Once the macaroni is cooked, do a quick release and stir in the butter, followed by the egg mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Place the macaroni in bowls and top with cheese and green onions.
- Serve at Thanksgiving!