I wish I could take credit for this fabulous concoction but this one goes to my fiancéSpiro, who truly is a genius in the kitchen! We highly recommend using lobster tails over lobster. They are much easier to cook and you’ll have just the right amount of meat!
Lobster Summer Salad
prep time: 30 minutesyields 4 servings
4 Large Lobster Tails
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Teaspoons Red Wine Vinegar
1 1/2 Pounds Heirloom Tomatoes
1 Pound Ripe Peaches
2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil
Kosher Salt & Ground Pepper
1 Pinch of Crushed Red Pepper
1. Once you have your ingredients together, pan sear the lobster tails in light oil on medium heat. Cook one side for approximately 7 minutes and then flip. Cook the other side for approximately 3 minutes. Remember, you DO NOT want to overcook your lobster, it will get extremely chewy. You can tell the lobster is done when it turns white and looses its translucency.
2. While the lobster is cooking, chop up the heirloom tomatoes and season with kosher salt to taste.
3. Next, chop up the peaches. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, peaches, a pinch of ground pepper and crushed red pepper, 2 tsp. red wine vinegar, 2 tbsp. fresh basil, and extra virgin olive oil to taste. Let this marinate for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Once the lobster is finished, let it cool (approximately 3 to 4 minutes).
5. Next, chop it into bite sized pieces and mix in with the tomato, peach, basil mixture.
6. Complete the salad by adding in a handful of arugula and shallots to taste. Not a huge fan of lobster? Just take it out of the recipe and enjoy a simple summer salad. You can also add burrata or mozzarella cheese. Enjoy!