When Rad Mom, Lauren Lichtenstein warned us that this Homemade Granola was addicting, she wasn’t kidding. After patiently waiting for it to come out of the oven, the moment it cooled we were eating it by the fistful. This salty and semi-sweet treat works as a mid-day pick-me-up (or mid-morning). Making this ahead for the whole week is such a genius idea (aren’t our Rad Moms full of fabulous thoughts?!). It’s so easy to throw it in a purse and head out the door! Do you have a babe with a nut allergy? Just skip the slivered almonds – we promise it’s still super tasty. What’s your go-to purse to playground snack?
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds, 3/4 cup of the shredded coconut and brown sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, salt and oil.
4. Toss both mixtures together and then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake for 1 hour, stirring after 30 minutes and then remove from the heat once golden brown.
6. Allow to cool, it will harden into chunks. Break into pieces and combine with the cherries and remaining shredded coconut.
7. Serve to littles!
Recipe Brought to You By Lauren Lichtenstein for Glitter and Bubbles