Taco season is in full swing and we know you didn’t think we would go the whole summer without giving you an amazing Walking Taco recipe! Whether you’re hosting a party or just hanging out in the backyard with your family, these delicious Hawaiian Pork Walking Tacos are where it is at. We love a good slow cooked pulled pork recipe, but we really simplified things by grabbing this Jack Daniels already cooked pulled pork. All we had to do was take it out of the container and pop it in the oven to warm it up. While it was baking, we made our delicious avocado crema. After that, we chopped our veggies, threw everything in the bag, and it was ready to eat. Let the fun begin!
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- 1 Container Jack Daniels Pulled Pork
- 1/2 Red Onion, Chopped,
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Can Crushed Pineapple
- 1 Package Queso Fresco Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro
- 2 Limes
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 3 Tablespoons Mayonaise
- 1 Bag Tortilla Chips, Broken Into Small Pieces
- Place the meat in the oven according to the instructions on the container.
- While the meat is cooking, make the avocado crema, combine one peeled and cubed avocado, salt, minced garlic, juice from one lime, mayo and sour cream in a food processor. Pulse until blended and place in small bowl.
- Once the meat is done, fill the bottom of the paper bag with tortilla chips. Top the chips with the meat, red onion, pineapple, cilantro, and a dollop of the avocado crema.
- Serve at your next summer party!