It’s almost time to celebrate dads everywhere! And what do all dads have in common? Pretty typically they all love to eat. You and your little can’t go wrong this Father’s Day with these adorable Lemon Cookies (unless dad hates lemon, than this one isn’t for him). The lemon isn’t overpowering and these soft cookies come with the yummiest frosting glaze, which is just the right consistency for your babe to drawn on. Bring on the food markers and make an afternoon of it with your kiddos! Dad gets something delicious and your littles are occupied, what more can you ask for? This recipe is a win-win. Hint: If your babe pokes a hole in the cookies just add another layer of frosting. We had to do this a couple of times with little Z!
Are you planning to get dad something super cool for Father’s Day? We want to know what it is! Tell us in the comments below.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the cake mix, eggs and vanilla extract. Once combined, add in the vegetable oil, sugar and lemon juice.
3. Place the cookie dough on a greased baking sheet in 1.5 inch balls and bake.
4. Once the cookies have been in the oven for 3-4 minutes, use the back of a spoon to gently push the tops of the cookies down. Allow them to bake for another 7-8 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and immediately use the cookie cutters to cut out the ‘d’ and ‘a’ letters. Combine the milk, clear vanilla extract, corn syrup and confectioners’ sugar in a bowl. Once the cookies have cooled, use a brush to top the cookies with this frosting (you may have to do 2-3 layers). Wait 20-30 to let the frosting harden.
6. Allow your little to gently color on the frosting (if they poke a hole in the cookies just coat with another layer of frosting) and serve to dad!