If you haven’t made a trip to the cereal aisle recently, I’m here to tell you, big things are happening. I stood staring at the shelves in disbelief at all the awesome things that have come out. Granted, I haven’t been to the cereal aisle in a little while, but I couldn’t believe what I was looking at. Churro Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Banana Pudding Nilla Wafer Cereal, Very Berry Cheerios, Lucky Charms Frosted Flakes, and Oreo O’s Cereal, just to name a few. This would have been a childhood dream come true if I had seen this in my adolescence. I loaded up my cart, and brought my favorites home. (I seriously sat in the aisle for 10 minutes and thought about buying them all.) I settled on the Lucky Charms Frosted Flakes, Churro Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Very Berry Cheerios.
Yesterday morning, Zelda and I woke up and got to work making these adorable little Cereal Yogurt Parfaits with all our new cereal finds. If you haven’t heard, we are newly obsessed with Siggi’s Icelandic Yogurt, so which yogurt to use was a no brainer. You can always use your favorite kind, but we opted for vanilla. We grabbed a bag of frozen blackberries from the frozen foods section (another new obsession), and we were ready to go! These Cereal Yogurt Parfaits were an extra special addition to our Sunday morning breakfast routine and we had so much fun making (and eating) them as a family. What is your crew’s Sunday morning routine? Tell us in the comments below.
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- 1/2 Cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch Churro Cereal
- 1/2 Cup Very Berry Cheerios
- 1/2 Cup Lucky Charms Frosted Flakes
- 1 Cup Siggi's Vanilla Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Blackberries
- Gather three clear cups. Place a spoonful of yogurt in the bottom of each. Lightly bang the glass on a countertop to evenly distribute the yogurt.
- Top the yogurt with a layer of blackberries, followed by a layer of cereal.
- Add another layer of yogurt, followed by another layer of blackberries, and top with cereal.
- Serve to your crew for breakfast!