If you’re a regular reader then you know I’ve vowed to make 2018 about personal health and wellness, and that starts from the inside out! I’ve heard a lot of buzz around cauliflower crust pizza and decided it was time to try it. The crust was super easy to make. You will need a food processor and I love this adorable blue one from Crate and Barrel. If you live in the city, it’s super compact so it won’t take up a ton of space in your kitchen. It’s also dishwasher safe, which is a must in my book. Who has time to hand wash anything?!
Zelda put her distinctive touch on this recipe and asked to make pepperoni hearts. We found tiny vintage cookie cutters on Etsy a few years ago and they have served us well. I find myself using them at least once every few months. What healthy recipe are you dying to try? Tell me in the comments below!
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- ½ Can Pizza Sauce
- 1 ½ Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ Cup Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 10 Pepperonis
- Fresh Basil Leaves, Sliced
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Discard the leaves on the cauliflower and place the head in a food processor. Pulse until fine. Place the cauliflower in a bowl, lay a paper towel over the top of the bowl and microwave for 4 minutes or until soft.
- Place the cauliflower in a dish towel, allow to cool and then drain and press to remove as much water as possible.
- Place the cauliflower back in the bowl and add 1 cup mozzarella, eggs and Italian seasoning; mix. Season with salt and peper.
- Evenly spread the mixture over the parchment paper and lightly brush with olive oil. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- While baking, use a small heart shaped cookie cutter to cut the pepperoni (we had three hearts per pepperoni).
- Remove from the oven and add the pizza sauce, remaining cheese and heart pepperonis.
- Place the pizza back in the oven and bake for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with basil (we chopped it up with scissors), slice and serve!