It’s officially 2018! Since the work week doesn’t begin until tomorrow, we’re sneaking in one last sweet pastry. Pop Hearts are a fun and easy breakfast treat! Zelda loves making anything with cookie cutters and she really made this one her own. With only three ingredients, you may already have these items in your fridge. You can use whatever shapes tickle your fancy — Zelda chose stars and hearts, and we even made a poodle one too. Unfortunately, Zelda ate it before we could snap a pic! No matter what you choose, kick off the new year with a little baking fun and include your babes. How are you starting your 2018? Tell us in the comments below.
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- 2 Read to Unroll Pie Crusts
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Jar Raspberry Jam
- Optional: Chocolate Fudge
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out the ready to unroll pie crusts on a flat surface. Cut hearts and stars from the crust. On half the shapes, use smaller cookie cutters to cut shapes from the center.
- Whisk the eggs together and lightly brush the shapes with egg wash.
- Dollop a spoonful of jam in the center of the heart or star that doesn't have the center cut out. Place the shape with the center cut over the jam and seal the edges with the teeth of a fork.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake until golden brown (approximately 10-12 minutes).
- Optional: Once baked, fill the centers with chocolate fudge instead of jam.
- Allow to cool and eat in pajamas with your babes!