Merry Christmas! Are you in need of a delicious breakfast recipe that you can whip up and enjoy while your crew opens gifts? I’ve got you covered. These yummy little Nutella Stuffed Pancake Muffins are our play on ebelskivers — a traditional Danish pancake puff. Instead of purchasing an ebelskiver pan, we popped our mix in a muffin tin. They contain the perfect amount of Nutella because they aren’t too sweet and don’t give you a stomachache after eating them! You can eat them as is or top them with strawberries and syrup. This is one sweet treat your entire family will love! We hope you have the best day ever.
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Separate the yolks from the egg whites but save them both.
- Whisk the egg yolks together with the buttermilk and melted butter.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and whisk until combined.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the egg whites (in a separate bowl) until stiff peaks form. Add half the egg whites to the batter and gently combine. Add the remaining eggs and gently fold.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin cups and spray with cooking spray.
- Place a large scoop of Nutella into a piping bag.
- Pour three tablespoons of the batter into each muffin cup and use the piping bag to put a quarter sized amount of Nutella into the center. Use a spoon to scoop a small amount over the top so the Nutella is covered.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Serve to your family!