I officially downloaded the SWEAT app! This awesome workout and healthy eating app by Kayla Itsines allows me to work out from anywhere. It also comes with recipes that are easy to make and delicious. I was shocked to see I could continuing eating many of my favorite foods. The workouts are progressive, which means it doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner or an expert in the gym. Not that you have to go to the gym, you simply let the app know if you’re intending to work out at home and it accommodates you.
A fresh batch of recipes hits the app every week and I wanted to share a couple with you! For breakfast, the BBG plan (Bikini Body Guide) gave me Breakfast Bruschetta and my mid-morning snack was apricot yogurt. Unfortunately, the grocery store didn’t have apricots so I substituted peaches instead. These were both so good! So far, it doesn’t really feel like much of a diet. Stay tuned, I’ll keep you posted on my progress.
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- 4 oz. Mashed Avocado
- 2.8 oz. Tinned Lentils (Drained & Rinsed)
- 5 Cherry Tomatoes, Quartered
- 1 1/3 Tablespoon Fresh Basil
- 1 Slice Rye Bread
- 1 Small Handful Baby Spinach Leaves
- Place the avocado in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mash.
- In a small bowl, toss the lentils, cherry tomatoes and basil.
- Toast the rye bread and spread the smashed avocado on top.
- Top with spinach, followed by the lentil mixture.
- For your mid morning snack, chop five small apricots or peaches and place them in a blender with half the low-fat plain yogurt. Pulse until smooth.
- Place this mixture in a bowl and add the remaining yogurt.
- Enjoy a healthy and delicious day!