It’s officially holiday entertaining season! I absolutely love this time of year because the food, lights and décor make everything feel extra magical. This year when guests pop by, I plan on whipping up holiday crostini four ways – these little toasts are SO good! These may even make an appearance at my parent’s house when we take our annual road trip. (Assuming we aren’t still full of all the Taco Bell and Pizza Hut we eat along the way!) Little Z and I had a blast making these over the weekend and I wish I could tell you our favorites, but they are way too delicious to pick one! What’s your go-to holiday appetizer? Tell us in the comments below – we need ideas.
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
Make Yours Look Like Ours
This review is based strictly on my opinion. I was provided the sample free of charge by the company to provide my honest review. No other type of compensation was received. All ideas and opinions are my own.
- 4 oz. Pancetta
- 8 oz. Burrata
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Block Cheddar
- 1 Cup Chopped Ham
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley
- ¼ Cup Sliced Grapes
- ¼ Cup Cream Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Basil
- 1-2 French Baguettes
- ¼ Cup Pesto
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Slice the baguette(s) into ¼ inch thick slices and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 3-4 minutes or until lightly toasted and golden brown.
- Slice the grapes and cherry tomatoes into three pieces and place in separate bowls; set aside.
- Roughly chop the pancetta and cook it with a splash of olive oil on a skillet over medium heat until crispy; set aside.
- Clean out the pan and repeat with the chopped ham; set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil in two separate pans and roast the grapes and cherry tomatoes for 2-4 minutes; set aside.
- Spread burrata on half the baguette slices.
- Spread cream cheese on ¼ of the baguette slices and top the remaining baguette slices with sliced cheddar cheese.
- Place the baguette slices with the cheddar cheese back in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted.
- Top the cheddar cheese baguettes with chopped ham and garnish with parsley.
- Top the cream cheese baguettes with the roasted grapes and garnish with basil.
- Top half the burrata baguettes with sliced pear and pancetta and the other half of the burrata baguettes with pesto and roasted cherry tomatoes.
- Place the crostini on a tray and serve to guests!