This 4th of July add a little something extra to your table by elevating old favorites! These 4th of July Star Hot Dogs are really easy to make for a crowd, so if you’re planning a party, these should be your go-to. You can make them in large batches and pop them in the oven. Plus, they only take about 10 minutes to make and spend about 20 minutes in the oven. You can’t ask for an easier main course than that. You can set these up in a variety of cute ways. They will look perfect on any indoor or outdoor table. The key to making these work is slicing your cheese thick, otherwise they won’t be able to fit on the skewer. Other than that, there are no secret tricks. What you see is what you get! What is your family doing this 4th of July? Tell us in the comments below.
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- 1 Pillsbury Thin Pizza Crust
- 1 Package Hot Dogs
- 1 Block Colby Jack Cheese
- Skewer Sticks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a star cookie cutter to cut the cheese. Make sure your cheese stars are thick enough to slide onto your skewer sticks.
- Place the hot dogs on the skewer sticks, leaving a little room at the top for the cheese stars.
- Roll out the raw pizza dough and use a pizza cutter to cut into 1/2 inch thick strips.
- Wrap each hot dog with a strip of pizza dough.
- Once all the hot dogs are wrapped, place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the pizza crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place a star on top.
- Serve to your babes on the 4th of July!