It’s hard to believe that it is already time to start menu planning for Thanksgiving! Thankfully, mama of three and Fave4Hair co-founder, Alex Andrews just dropped the ultimate Toasted Marshmallow Sweet Potatoes recipe on us. This kid-friendly upgrade to traditional mashed potatoes is something Zelda loved eating, down to the last bite! The best part about this recipe is that little Z was able to help in the kitchen — she loved putting on the marshmallows (can you blame her?). As she gets older I’ve learned the importance of allowing her to help me when I’m cooking. She is so proud of her work every time we eat something she had a hand in. What’s your go-to Thanksgiving recipe to let your babes take charge of?
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- 4-6 Sweet Potatoes, Peeled
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Bag Mini Marshmallows
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 3 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and bring a pot of water to a boil on the stove.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and place in the boiling water for 20-30 minutes; drain.
- Mash together the potatoes, melted butter, brown sugar, salt, flour, milk and cinnamon.
- Divide the mixture evening in 2-3 small glass pie dishes. Cover the tops of each with mini marshmallows and bake until the marshmallows are golden brown (about 10-15 minutes).
- Serve to littles!