In my house, it’s not really the holidays unless there is a cheese ball. Lucky for you, we’re showcasing our three favorites: Bacon Swiss, Parsley Chive and Dried Cranberry. Can you guess which one is Zelda’s favorite? BACON! I always cook extra bacon when I’m making this cheese ball because I know tiny hands will appear on the counter to request the bacon in a bowl. A little mixing, chilling, rolling and voila! These are finished and ready to serve. I recommend serving each with butter crackers and a cheese knife — leave the pretzel bites for the kids. Who else is so excited for the holidays?! Tell me your go-to holiday appetizer below.
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
Make Yours Look Like Ours
This review is based strictly on my opinion. I was provided the sample free of charge by the company to provide my honest review. No other type of compensation was received. All ideas and opinions are my own.
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 8 Slices Bacon
- 1/2 Cup Green Onions
- 2 Teaspoons Parsley
- ¼ Cup Chopped Dried Cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons Crushed Pecans (optional)
- 1 Bag Pretzel Sticks
- 1 Box Butter Crackers
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine cream cheese, Swiss cheese, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, minced garlic and paprika. Separate into three bowls.
- In the first bowl, use an electric mixture to mix in the bacon. Roll into ½ inch thick balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Optional: Coat the balls with crushed pecans.
- In the second bowl, use an electric mixture to mix in 1/4 cup sliced green onions. Roll into ½ inch thick balls. Combine the remaining green onions and parsley. Roll the balls through this mix to cover and place on the baking sheet.
- Roll the contents of the third bowl into ½ inch thick balls and then roll through the dried cranberries. Place on the baking sheet.
- Push a pretzel stick into the top of each ball and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove and serve the balls with extra pretzels and butter crackers!