For the second year in a row Spiro is traveling for work over Father’s Day weekend. If you follow us on Instagram, you know that last year we made a cardboard cut out of him to bring along with us as we celebrated the day, and it looks it’s time to pull him out from under the bed and dust him off. Cardboard dad is back in the game! However, we didn’t want the real Spiro to feel left out so we kicked off a special celebration a little bit early.
Complete with Pressure Cooker Ribs, a very special video and a few other fun gifts, we were able to really celebrate D-A-D. When I found this recipe, I was a little skeptical about these ribs. After all, my entire life I’ve always been told the longer you cook the ribs, the better they are. So not true! These ribs were fall-off-the-bone delicious in under 40 minutes. Get ready, because the moment your crew tastes these they will become your new summer jam. How are you celebrating the special man in your life this weekend? Tell me in the comments below!
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- 1 Rack Baby Back Ribs
- 1 Cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 White Onion, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Cups Apple Juice
- Cut the membrane from the back of the ribs and cut the rack in half.
- Combine the brown sugar, cayenne pepper, onion powder, bbq sauce and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Rub the ribs with this mix, coat completely using your hands.
- Pour the apple juice into the pressure cooker and stack the ribs in the pressure cooker, membrane side down.
- Close the lid and cook on high for 30 minutes. Once done, use the natural release.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and carefully place the ribs on top.
- Turn the oven broiler to high and broil for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve to your family!