The essentials you keep in your handbag (and even the bag itself!) needs an update come summertime. Being ready for those last minute pool or beach invites makes all the difference, that way you don’t miss out on any of the fun! I’m dishing on some of my summertime favorites below. What are your summer bag essentials?
1. Carla Sta Cruz Convertible Bag (“Robin”): Backpacks are back, and I couldn’t be happier! A stylish bag that lets me have my hands free? Yes please! This one by Carla Sta Cruz is cool because it’s convertible, so you can wear it as a backpack or switch it over to a tote when you need it. There’s also a padded compartment for your laptop or tablet, so it’s mobile office friendly!
2. “Where’s Summer?” Customized Zazzle Tank: This customized tank from Zazzle is unfortunately a little too true here in Chicago! These fall-like temps (with the exception of a day or two here and there) are just not enough for me! I love the style of this tank because it’s easy to throw on and head out the door!
3. Scentbird: Summer is the perfect time to try out a new fragrance, it’s no fun to wear the same scent all year long! Scentbird is great because through their subscription service you get to try out new fragrances each month. Not to mention, the scent library is huge! They have over 350 designer fragrances, so you’re sure to find a new fave.
4. Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunscreen Stick from ULTA Beauty: Since I’ve got a little one, I want sunscreen that won’t irritate her delicate skin and goes on quickly. This stick is great because it’s waterproof, sweatproof and the ingredients are naturally sourced. It’s great for when I need a quick swipe or two myself!
5. Well-Kept Wipes: Shirts and towels don’t do the trick when you get sunscreen on your sunglasses or phone, in fact they just make everything worse! These wipes actually get rid of the smudges (and bacteria too!) in just a few swipes. The pretty packaging doesn’t hurt either!
6. Zaxy “Joy” Black Sandals: A pair of easy to throw on, comfortable sandals are an absolute must during the summer months. This pair is a modern version of the jelly sandal and will easily fit in your bag.
7. Aloha Collection Zip Swimwear Bags: Nothing is worse than throwing a wet swimsuit in your bag and then having to peel you belongings from it when you get home (so gross!). Swimwear pouches are so nice to keep tucked away in your bag, they are there to save you from those soggy swimsuit moments, and if you’re not beach bound they’re great for holding all of your other essentials, like sunscreen and lip gloss.