A few days ago, Spiro and I were sitting in my living room sipping coffee and we couldn’t stop talking about how delicious it was, and how happy we were with our new coffee/espresso maker. Our friends gifted us the Nespresso Vertuo Bundle (milk frother included) and it has been a gamechanger. The coffee is beyond amazing, and I can say with confidence it’s the best I’ve ever made in my home. It’s seriously better than the coffee shop! The other night I was laying in my bed thinking about how I couldn’t wait to get up in the morning to make coffee.
Naturally, when Zelda and I decided to throw a tea party, I opted to swap tea for espresso. We made the most adorable little tea sandwiches and pulled out beautiful little plates I was gifted a few years ago. Instead of a PBJ, we toasted English muffins and topped them with strawberry jam and fresh strawberries. Originally, we were going to make our cucumber ranch sandwiches two stacks high, but Zelda insisted they needed to be taller, so we went with three. Lastly, we rolled up ham, cheese and no-nut pesto into a tortilla shell and secured it with chives. Making tea sandwiches was a fun mother-daughter activity on a rainy day in!
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- Prep Time 20m
- Total Time 20m
- Serves 4
Making tea sandwiches was a fun mother-daughter activity on a rainy day in!
- 1 Ranch Seasoning Packet
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, Softened
- ½ Cucumber, Thinly Sliced with a Mandoline Slicer
- 6 Slices White Bread, Crusts Cut Off
- 2 Flour Taco Shells
- 5-6 Slices Deli Turkey or Ham
- 3-4 Slices Swiss Cheese
- 2 Cups Basil
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Package Chives
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 3 English Muffins
- ¼ Cup Strawberry Jam
- 7-9 Strawberries, Diced
- To make the cucumber ranch sandwiches, use a hand mixer to combine the cream cheese and ranch seasoning. Remove the crusts from the white bread and cut each slice into two equal sized rectangles. Repeat this with each slice of bread.
- Thinly slice the cucumber with a mandoline slicer. Spread a thick layer of cream cheese ranch onto one white bread rectangle and top with three cucumber slices. Repeat this process with two more layers, top with sliced cucumber.
- Continue making sandwiches until the bread is used (you should end up with four sandwiches).
- To make the open face strawberry sandwich, toast the English muffin halves and top each with jam, followed by diced strawberries.
- To make the no-nut pesto sandwiches, place the basil, Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, lemon juice and olive oil in a blender. Pulse to combine.
- Cover the flour taco shells with turkey or ham, followed by Swiss cheese and pesto. Roll the shell up and cut into even rolls. Secure each roll by tying a chive around each.
- Make coffee, tea or hot water with lemon and enjoy the sandwiches at your next tea party!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles