Let’s get this out the way. Your man is probably not going to make a Mother’s Day Cupcake Bouquet for you and if he does, he is a unicorn and you hit the jackpot. It’s much more likely that you and your babes will sit down to make these together for grandma, an aunt of one of your girlfriends (or for yourself) and that is totally okay! This project looks intimidating. I really wanted to test this out but didn’t go in with high hopes.
I was absolutely stunned at what I was able to pull off and it was relatively easy. It came together quickly, and I would totally make this again because looks beautiful and everyone was impressed. You can have your little one decorate the flower pot before or after, and it puts an extra special spin on it when they adorn it with their own artwork. Who will you make a Cupcake Floral Bouquet for this Mother’s Day?
- Prep time:30min
- Cook time:25min
- Total time:55min
Your man is probably not going to make a Mother’s Day Cupcake Bouquet for you and if he does, he is a unicorn and you hit the jackpot.
- Terracotta Pot
- Green Tissue Paper
- Styrofoam Ball (Must fit inside the flower pot.)
- Cupcake Liners
- Hot Glue Gun
- 2D Piping Tip
- Skewer Sticks
For the Cupcakes:
- 2 Sticks Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 ½ Cups Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ¾ Cup Milk
For the Frosting:
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- A Pinch of Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line the muffin tin with the cupcake liners. Mix together the butter and sugar and then add the eggs. Add vanilla and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and add the milk. Stir to combine.
- Fill each cupcake liner about ¾ of the way full and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- While the cupcakes cool, mix together 2 cups powdered sugar, ½ cup butter, a pink of salt, 2 tablespoons of heavy cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Add pink food coloring and stir to combine.
- Place the Styrofoam ball inside of the Terracotta pot and strategically place the skewer sticks into the ball. Place the unfrosted cupcakes on top of the skewer sticks.
- Rip (DO NOT CUT) the green tissue paper into small pieces, fold and glue onto the Styrofoam ball to fill in the space between the cupcakes.
- Place the frosting into a piping bag (or a Ziploc bag with the corner cut out) with the 2D Piping Tip. Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes in a circular motion to create the flowers.
- Give to your favorite ladies for Mother’s Day!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles
Adapted: Delish & Pretty Simple Sweet
Adapt Link: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a58184/perfect-vanilla-cupcakes-recipe/