It’s almost Turkey time and you better believe these adorable little Cinnamon Roll Turkeys will be on our breakfast table. Who says you can’t celebrate all day long?! We saw these on Pinterest and knew we had to try them. If the spirit moves you, you can totally make cinnamon rolls from scratch but we took a short cut and bought Pillsbury cinnamon rolls. The Pinterest version of these Cinnamon Roll Turkeys uses pretzel rods to make turkey claws but midway through making we decided against them—they just weren’t fitting with our aesthetic. But if you want to use them, go for it! We included how to do it in the recipe card below. What’s your favorite out of the box Thanksgiving treat? Tell us in the comments below. We are thankful for your suggestions!
- Prep time:10min
- Cook time:10min
- Total time:20min
- Yield: 7
- Serves: 7
The perfect Thanksgiving treat!
- Bake the cinnamon rolls at 325 for 10-13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut a shallow half moon shape on the back top of each roll.
- Break the cooked bacon, lengthwise, into smaller, even height pieces.
- Slide three bacon pieces into the cut half moon shape on the cinnamon roll.
- Top the cinnamon roll with melted icing (it comes in the cinnamon roll package). We used a small spoon to evenly distribute.
- Before the icing sets, place a jelly bean in the center for the beak and two eyes above the beak.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until all the cinnamon rolls look like turkeys.
- Serve to your family or friends on Thanksgiving morning!
Zelda’s Toddler Task: Pouring the icing onto the cinnamon rolls.
- 1 Package Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 Package Bacon
- 1 Package Jelly Belly Jelly Beans
- 1 Package Candy Eyes
- 1 Bag Pretzel Rods