The presents are wrapped, the stockings are hung, and we are in Santa countdown mode in my house! This Christmas season has been by far the best we’ve ever had together as a family. We are officially settled into our new house and Zelda is at an age where she can fully appreciate everything that the holidays entail. Watching her prepare for Santa’s arrival has been pure magic. That being said, we’ve been spending the last few days picking out our favorite cookies for the big guy, and Zelda specifically selected these. We are obsessed with this frosting that comes ready to go in piping bags. It makes the whole cookie making process a little easier (and a lot less messy!). We’re confident these are Santa’s favorite Christmas Eve cookies, and chances are, you already have most of these ingredients in your pantry. Merry Christmas everyone!
Surprise Santa with something extra yummy this year!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and the sugar. Add flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder.
- Add the red food coloring.
- Use a cookie dough scoop to place the mixture on the parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately place candy cane pieces into the top of the cookies.
- Allow to cool.
- Once cooled, pipe the cream cheese onto the underside of one cookie. Sandwich with another cookie.
- Repeat this until you have used all of the cookies.
- Serve to Santa with milk!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles