Who knew making fries at home was easy?! I’m totally floored by Mini Chicken Schnitzels and Skinny Fries with Garlic Aioli. If I had known French fries were this simple to create at home, I would have started making them a long time ago. Seriously, they were better than eating out…and probably a little healthier! The best part? You don’t need a fryer or any special equipment. If you have a large pot, skinny fries are achievable at home. The mini chicken schnitzels were done in a snap and we decided to go out of the box with our condiments and make garlic aioli — it was a major hit! What is your go-to at home recipe? Tell me in the comments below.
- Prep time: 20min
- Cook time: 15min
- Total time: 35min
- Serves: 4
Who knew making mini chicken schnitzels and fries at home was easy?!
- Place the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in separate bowls.
- Place the chicken thigh fillets in a gallon Ziploc bag and squeeze the air out before sealing.
- Hit the chicken with a rolling pin or saucepan until the fillets are 1/4 inch thick; cut into small pieces.
- Place the chicken pieces in the flour, followed by the egg and then the breadcrumbs. Place each piece on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-13 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- While the chicken schnitzels are baking, peel the potatoes and slice into skinny fries.
- Place the potatoes, distilled vinegar, eight cups water and 1 tablespoon salt in a large pot. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 8 minutes.
- Strain and place on a baking sheet lined with paper towels. Allow to dry for 5-7 minutes.
- Fill the same pot with 4 cups canola oil and bring to 400 degrees over high heat. Place the fries inside the pot, in small batches, and cook until they are golden brown and crispy. Remove with tongs and place on a baking sheet lined with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt. Repeat this process until the fries are finished.
- To make the aioli, mix the butter, mayo, minced garlic and chopped parsley together in a small bowl.
- Serve everything together for lunch or dinner!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles
Adapted: Heather Christo