Interior stylist and RAD Mom, Anissa Zajac has a stunning white kitchen (perfect for making a mess in!) and her and her littles love coming together around the marble countertop to make Cooking Light Magazine’s Cheesecake! We’re not going to lie, when she presented us with the idea of recreating this dessert, graham cracker and gingersnap crust included, we were a little intimidated. But fear not! This sweet treat was actually much easier to accomplish than it sounded, and we didn’t even break a sweat.
We’re also now well acquainted with a springform pan and think it’s pretty much the coolest baking tool ever invented. What dessert do you and your littles love making together? Tell us in the comments below and or show us on Instagram using #zeldaeats and we might feature it on the site!
- Prep time:9h
- Yield: 1 cake
- 1 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 (8 Ounce) Packages of Cranberries
- 15 Gingersnaps
- 24 Cinnamon Graham Crackers (6 Full Cracker Sheets)
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- Cooking Spray
- 1 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 (8 Ounce) Blocks 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 (8 Ounce) Block Fat-Free Cream Cheese, Softened
- 4 Large Egg Whites
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- To make the topping for the cheesecake combine the maple syrup with the cranberries (you can use dried or fresh) in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and chill.
- To make the crust, place the gingersnaps and graham crackers in a food processor and process until fine. The crumbs should fill 1 3/4 cups. Drizzle the crumbs with butter and pulse until moist.
- Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray and press the crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, vanilla and cream cheese together with a mixer until smooth. Add the egg whites, one by one and mix to combine. Pour the batter into the springform pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the cheesecake barely moves when touched.
- Remove from the oven, run a knife around the edge and cool to room temperature.
- Cover and chill for 8 hours.
RECIPE BROUGHT TO YOU BY ANISSA ZAJAC FOR GLITTER AND BUBBLES