Mamas I don’t know about you, but I’ve got a serious little snacker on my hands! Zelda especially loves munching on cheese, and I’m always trying to find new and creative ways to serve it to her. My new favorite are these cute little Cheese & Olive Bees. Assembly is easy and they only require four ingredients, making these impossible to pass up. What snacks do you keep stocked for your babe? Everybody’s got a favorite and we’re always looking for new ones!
- Prep time:10min
- Cut the black olives into thirds and the Monterey Jack cheese and cheddar into slices.
- Use a small cookie cutter to cut circles out of the cheese slices. Don't worry if your cookie cutter isn't the same size as the olives! We used an olive slice as a template and cut around the edges of the cheese (using the cookie cutter) until it was the same size.
- Cut the Monterey Jack cheese circles in half and then cut the halves in half again (these will be your wings).
- Stack the cheddar and olive slices, alternating one after another until the body of the bee is complete. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place the cream cheese in a plastic bag and cut a tiny piece from the corner (this will be your piping bag).
- Pipe the cream cheese along the side of one of the Monterey Jack quarters and attach it to the side of the body. Repeat on the other side, you should have two wings.
- Pipe little white dots for eyes, followed by black dots using the food marker.
- Repeat this process until you have the desired amount of bees.
RECIPE ADAPTED FROM SHE KNOWS BY GLITTER AND BUBBLES.