If you saw my Instastory last week, you already know Zelda waited very patiently and then not so patiently to eat this pizza. By the time we were done, she was begging me to let her eat it. I love caramelizing apples as soon as the cold weather hits and decided to combine two of Zelda’s loves (bacon and goat cheese) to create a very autumnal apple bacon pizza. This is perfect for cold Friday nights cuddled up on the couch! What is your best cold weather recipe? Tell me in the comments below!
Make Yours Look Like Ours
This review is based strictly on my opinion. I was provided the sample free of charge by the company to provide my honest review. No other type of compensation was received. All ideas and opinions are my own.
- Prep time:15min
- Cook time:10min
- Total time:25min
This is perfect for cold Friday nights cuddled up on the couch!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Using a springform pan, trace a circle onto a piece of parchment paper and cut it out. Line the bottom of the springform pan with the paper.
- Brush the pan with 2 tablespoons melted butter and carefully place the refrigerated pizza dough inside. Use your fingers to shape the dough and create a crust. Brush the dough with olive oil and minced garlic.
- Sprinkle with oregano and bake for 4-5 minutes or until lightly golden.
- While the crust is baking, slice the apples with a Mandolin and place in a pan over medium heat with 1 tablespoon melted butter, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover; allow to cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove the pizza crust from the oven and use a knife to top with ricotta cheese.
- Once the apples are done cooking, transfer them to the pizza, along with the bacon, goat cheese and rosemary.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Serve at pizza night!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles