Mark your calendars for Wednesday, February 3rd because it’s National Carrot Cake Day! One of our favorite new spots, Cantina 1910 gave us their recipe for Carrot Cake with Flan Icing and we know we’ll be indulging the entire day. It’s sort of healthy because it has carrots in it, right? We can dream!
- Prep time:8h
- Yield: 1 cake
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees and then peel and grind the carrots in a food processor and set aside.
- Combine all the dry ingredients (except the sugar) and whisk together in a bowl until mixed.
- In a different bowl, combine the sugar, eggs and oil. Whip together until fluffy.
- Fold in the dry mixture, followed by the carrots and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- While baking, combine the icing ingredients to make the flan, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until set. Chill overnight and then whip until smooth.
- Sandwich the flan between pieces of carrot cake and serve!