When I made Brownie Batter Ice Cream Sandwiches I found out that Zelda prefers to stick her fingers in the melting ice cream and then into her mouth. This was her second ice cream sandwich ever and maybe her last one for a little while. I on the other hand, indulged in the ice cream sandwiches and in a spoonful or seven of brownie batter before placing it in the oven. Apparently I have a serious addiction.
I was a little apprehensive about using brownie mix over cookie dough because I wasn’t sure if it would hold up to the ice cream. My fear was for nothing and the brownies made this already tasty treat extra fudgy and delicious. As I was settling into my food coma the sugar hit Zelda’s veins and she began running around the house (just in time for Dad’s arrival). He needs a challenge every once in a while, right?
The Chef’n Ice Cream Sandwich Maker was really easy to use and I didn’t run into any issues. The whole process did take some time but I think this would a fab activity for older littles to do on the weekend. Is there a dessert I haven’t made that I should know about? Tell me in the comments below!
WHAT WE USED
- Prep time:1h 30min
- Yield: 6 Sandwiches
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl combine the brownie mix and the box ingredients.
- Pour the brownie mix into both sides of the ice cream sandwich maker molds (spray with cooking spray beforehand), do not overfill. Place the molds in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, reattach the plastic frame of the ice cream sandwich maker and scoop in the ice cream, using the spatula included in the kit to make it even across the top.
- Secure the other mold onto the plastic frame and place the entire kit in the freezer for one hour.
- Remove the ice cream sandwiches, one at a time and dip in edible glitter or melted candy melts.
- Serve to littles!
RECIPE BROUGHT TO YOU BY GLITTER AND BUBBLES