Little bites for little fingers are always our favorite, and when the recipe includes bacon and avocado, consider us in LOVE! We are all about sharing our yummiest creations, so when Williams-Sonoma asked us to host an event where they would feature the dish of our choice, we jumped at the opportunity and immediately knew what to make — Bacon, Goat Cheese & Avocado Pizza.
The event was co-hosted with some of our favorite bloggers and benefited the Chicago Children’s Choir, which is a non-profit organization serving more than 4,300 children annually. The organization empowers singers to bridge cultural divides and become ambassadors of peace in their communities (translation: beautiful music for a beautiful cause). Since attendees got to try one of our recipes we wanted to make sure it was something both parents and littles would enjoy. And in true Glitter and Bubbles fashion, this pizza is quick, easy and of course, delicious!
We discovered the American Girl pizza kit and could not resist this “girl power” partnership! The kit comes with a measuring mat, which helps you stretch dough to the right size, and the pan ensures that each pie will bake to perfection (hello, easy!). Throw on the matching apron and oven mitt, stir away with the mini spatula and voila – you have delectable pizza pies! We also can’t wait to show you some of our faves in the American Girl cookbook. Stay tuned!
- Prep time: 30min
- Yield: 6-8 mini pizzas
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Use your hands to gently stretch and shape the dough until it is 1/4 inch thick. Use a medium sized cookie cutter to cut out shapes from the dough and place each slice on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes and remove from the oven. Once cooled, lightly brush each pizza with olive oil. Use a blender to combine the olive oil, minced garlic, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 2 avocados. Season with salt and pepper. Spread this mixture onto each pizza.
- Top with chopped cilantro, shredded mozzarella, halved cherry tomatoes, pieces of goat cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.
- While waiting for the pizzas to bake, peel and slice the two remaining avocados into small chunks and brush them with lemon juice.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, garnish with avocado chunks, slice and serve!
RECIPE BROUGHT TO YOU BY GLITTER AND BUBBLES